Recipients of the “Divisional Star” are recommended by any player of the fleet for exceptional service to a Sim and/or Division. This could include help with overall management of a Sim or Division or a member who is consistently contributing to a sim, or providing essential services from which other members of that Sim or Division may benefit.
- Who can nominate? Anyone
- How can you nominate? Once a quarter during official periods.
- Who decides? The Awards Committee reviews and approves all nominations.
- ConfusedFire for continually provides community input to the Trek Division through his use of his sim’s growing cannon. He reaches out to other sims, seeking their ideas and offering his own, and reflects those in a VFY-centric news article system. Whilst this might be seen as the creation of a shared cannon, it is this sort of soft approach that speaks volumes about fostering a stronger Trek community among our writers.
- AlphaJuliet, who joined the 22nd Fleet specifically in order to participate in the Orville Division and has went on to become an integral part of Orville sims. Most recently this player became the GM for the USS Portland when the previous GM handed off the role.
- Marowolf, who was the initial head of the Orville Division. Her involvement inspired the launch of a unique division carrying games that the likes of the simming world has yet to rival. Thank you, Marowolf!
- JakeSjet. From the nomination, “He’s been a big help to me, both with the sim itself and running the Nova. Also, he never complains when I ask for information about our sim’s canon (as he wrote the majority of it himself) and always goes above and beyond what I need. I don’t know how I’d do it without him!”
- TheeFlamehead for pushing for new directions for 22nd Fleet far beyond Star Trek and Orville. Reaching out and gathering new players and games.